Tuesday 21 February 2012

Dragonfly Aperture Fun


For today, something light. Insect light.

During the past December break I have been playing around with Aperture 3. This is a program for Macs with which you can edit, retouch and organize your photos, among many other features.  Seeing as I had a lot of time on my hands, I decided to get the feel of it simply by experimenting one night. So, here is what I ended up with: three different interpretation of the majestic dragonfly. 

On my trip around the islands of Indonesia in 2008, I got a little bit, well bored, with the tour guide’s tales and wandered off. Then there it was. A handsome, elegant dragonfly. 




Personally, dragonflies creep me out a little when they fly. They look like tiny little helicopters, but at the same time, they are one of the most beautiful insects.  

This is the original photo. 

(Taken in Indonesia using the Nikon D300)

Just by playing around, with no real knowledge or experience, I managed to create three different photos using one master picture.
Till later world. 















No comments:

Post a Comment